Program delivery update: Updates to work permit instructions due to NOC 2021 implementation
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
February 02, 2023
The instructions have been updated to change the references from the previous skill type and level hierarchy (type 0 and levels A, B, C and D) to the new Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities (TEER) categories. There are six TEER categories 0 through 5.
All 4-digit National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes have been updated to the 5-digit code used in the 2021 version of the NOC.
In addition, the instructions have been reorganized and corrected for easier officer reference.
- Officer quick reference guide to occupations
- Athletes and coaches [R186(h)] – Authorization to work without a work permit – International Mobility Program
- Mobilité Francophone – [R205(a) - C16] – Canadian interests – International Mobility Program
- Protecting workers from abuse and exploitation – Temporary Foreign Worker Program and International Mobility Program
- Refusal to process work permit applications for caregivers where the LMIA application was received under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Temporary workers
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: