|Governance and Strategic Direction
- Operating objectives and priorities exist for all key activities related to the Citizenship Program, and are documented and linked to strategic objectives and priorities.
- Those objectives and priorities are effectively communicated throughout the organization and are reviewed from time to time to ensure continued relevance.
- Processes exist for integrated human resources and business planning, budgeting, monitoring and performance management in relation to the Citizenship Program.
- Processes exist to ensure that accountabilities and responsibilities are clearly delegated and communicated and adequately discharged.
- Memorandums of understanding, terms of reference, agreements or equivalent documents exist to govern the relationship between CIC and the Citizenship Commission, and to clearly outline the roles, responsibilities and accountabilities of CIC and the Citizenship Commission within the Citizenship Program.
- Processes exist to provide employees with the necessary training and tools to discharge their responsibilities.
|Results and Performance
- Achievable and measureable planned results are identified, are in place and are linked to operating objectives.
- Performance measures are in place, are reviewed on a periodic basis, are updated as required and are linked to planned results.
- Responsibility for monitoring and updating performance measures is clear and communicated.
- The results of performance measurement are documented, are reported to the appropriate levels and are factored into decision making.
- Processes are in place to identify and assess risks that may preclude the achievement of objectives.
- The potential for risks related to fraud are explicitly considered when assessing risks.
- Processes are in place to mitigate and monitor risks that may preclude the achievement of objectives.
- Management appropriately communicates risk and risk management strategies to key stakeholders.
- Decisions are adequately documented and the required supporting documents are maintained.
- Delegated authorities for decisions are appropriate and in compliance with departmental policy.
- A QA process is in place to ensure that the delivery of the program is performed as intended within the appropriate framework.
- Procedures related to grants are implemented consistently across the regions and they ensure operational efficiency.