Applications for Grant of Citizenship for Stateless persons Born to a Canadian Parent – Subsection 5(5)
This application includes the following items:
- Document Checklist [CIT 0499] (PDF, 301.92 KB)
- Application for Grant of Citizenship for Stateless Persons Born to a Canadian Parent – (Subsection 5(5)) [CIT 0497] (PDF, 2.45 MB) June 2019 (newest version)
- Use the version of application form dated October 2017 or later.
- Citizenship photo specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB)
- Instruction guide [CIT 0497]
This application is for a person who is and has always been stateless and was born outside Canada to a Canadian parent, and who wishes to acquire Canadian citizenship. Statelessness refers to the condition of an individual who is not recognized as a national by any state under its domestic law.
Note: The Citizenship Act requires a stateless person to reside in Canada 3 years (1,095 days) in the 4 years immediately before the date of the application.
- Read your instruction guide and download your application forms.
- Complete, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay the fees. The fee is not refundable. Check the Fee Schedule for Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Mail your fully completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
- Date modified: