Humanitarian and Compassionate Considerations
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5280] (PDF, 0.387 MB)
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 0.688 MB)
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 0.601 MB)
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 1.981 MB)
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 2.287 MB)
- Supplementary Information [IMM 5283] (PDF, 1.25 MB)
- Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] (PDF, 1.935 MB)
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 1.944 MB)
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5291]
Most people who apply for permanent residence in Canada must do so from their home country.
Use this application if you are:
- in Canada, and
- would suffer excessive hardship if you had to return to your home country to apply (we do not consider cost and inconvenience to be excessive hardship).
Note: The Supplementary Information – Humanitarian and Compassionate Considerations (IMM 5283) form was changed in June 2012 as a result of the changes to the law. You must use the new form to apply.
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to complete your application forms.
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages, follow these steps.
IMM 0008 form
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Mail your completed application to:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Humanitarian Migration
#300 – 800 Burrard Street
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: