How to apply online
Sign in or create a Permanent residence online application portal account.
Filling out forms
You’ll fill out this digital form online
- Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
You or any family members coming with you must fill out the rest of the PDF forms in the instruction guide for your immigration program (below)
- you don’t need to print them and sign by hand
- upload them to your online application
- as the principal applicant, you’ll electronically sign for the entire application, including those of your family members
If you want to appoint someone to do business with us on your behalf, you must
- submit a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form
- sign it by hand and get your immigration representative to do so also
- upload it with your application
Electronically sign your application
- You must type your full name exactly as shown on your passport to electronically sign your application.
You need one photo for each person on your application.
Follow the instructions in the online application to scan and upload both sides of your photo.
The instruction guide for your line of business will help you fill out the forms properly.
Provincial nominee program instruction guide (IMM EP7000) (opens in a new tab)
Atlantic immigration program instruction guide (IMM 5424) (opens in a new tab)
Rural and northern immigration pilot instruction guide (IMM 0118) (opens in a new tab)
Agri-food pilot instruction guide (IMM 0117) (opens in a new tab)
Quebec-selected self-employed instruction guide (IMM 4500) (opens in a new tab)
Quebec-selected investors or entrepreneurs instruction guide (IMM 4000) (opens in a new tab)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: