How to get a police certificate - Albania
Name of the document you need
Certificate of Trial Registry (Deshmi Penaliteti)
Police certificate and IRCC requirements
You must provide a police certificate when you apply for
- permanent residence
- some temporary residence programs
How to apply
If you live in Albania
- Go to any post office in Albania
- Complete the application form
- The Post Office will send the request to the General Directorate of Prisons
- Pick up the certificate at the same post office.
- You must submit a copy of your Albanian ID card.
- If you’re not an Albanian citizen, you must submit a copy of your valid Albanian Residence Permit.
If you live outside of Albania
You must either:
- get a relative to apply on your behalf at their nearest post office branch or
- apply at your nearest Albanian Embassy or Consulate.
You must also provide
- proof of your valid stay in Albania
- either a work permit or a residence permit.
- a copy of your Albanian ID card if you’re an Albanian citizen.
Documents you will need
- Valid identity document
- identity card
- driving license
- Proof of residence
- Proof of citizenship
If you’re a foreign national:
- A copy of your passport while living in Albania.
- A copy of your permit of stay in Albania
- where it was issued
- your passport number
If you’re a married female applicant, request that the Certificate be issued with both your maiden and married names.
Albanian Post (available in Albanian and English)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: