How to get a police certificate - Cuba

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Names of the documents you need

  • Certificacion de Antecedentes Penales and
  • the original contract from the Consultoria Juridica Internacional

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for

  • permanent residence
  • citizenship
  • some temporary residence programs

See the document checklist or visa office requirements for details.

How to apply

If you live in Cuba

Apply in person at the Consultoria Juridica Internacional (available in Spanish only).

You must bring

  • your ID card (Carné de Identidad)
  • your temporary ID card or passport, if you’re not a citizen
  • money to pay the applicable fees

If you live outside of Cuba

Apply at your nearest Cuban embassy or consular office either

  • in person or
  • by mail

You must

  • have a valid passport
  • complete an application form from your embassy or consular office
    • If you are applying by regular mail, you need to request the form by email (see below).
  • pay the applicable fees

Contact information

For a list of branch offices, visit the Consultoria Juridica Internacional website (available in Spanish only).

For more information about applying in a Cuban embassy or consular office, visit the Cuba Diplomatica website if you live in Canada or the Cuba Embassy Pages website if you live outside Canada.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: