How to get a police certificate – Finland

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need

Extract from the Criminal Records (Rikosrekisteriote)

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.

How to apply

If your criminal record does not have entries, it can be written in English, French, German or Spanish.

If your record has entries, you need to have it translated to English or French. The Legal Register Centre does not translate extracts that have entries.

Apply online.

Contact information

National Legal Register Office
P.O. Box 157
FI - 13101 Hämeenlinna, Finland

Telephone: +358 - (0)3 - 622 3770 (From abroad)
Fax: +358 - (0)3 - 622 3783 (From abroad)
Website: Police and Border Guard Board (available in English and Finnish)

Page details

Date modified: