How to get a police certificate – France

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need

Bulletin no. 3

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.

Do I need a police certificate for International Experience Canada (IEC)?

If you’re a citizen of France, you don’t need to provide a police certificate from this country with your application. However, an IRCC officer may request one at a later date.

You must provide police certificates for all other countries or territories where you’ve lived for a total of 6 months or more since your 18th birthday.

How to apply

Casier Judiciaire National website (available in English, French, German and Spanish)

Special considerations

If you were you born in one of the French territories (New-Caledonia, French Polynesia or Wallis & Futuna)

You must apply to the Tribunal in your place of birth (see the list of the tribunals on the Casier Judiciaire National website for contact information).

Contact information

Casier judiciaire national, 44317 Nantes cedex 3

Casier Judiciaire National website (available in English, French, German and Spanish)

Page details

Date modified: