How to get a police certificate – Hong Kong Special Administrative Region

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need

Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC)

Police certificates and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada and for some temporary residence programs (please see the Document Checklist and/or visa office requirements for details).

  • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send us your application if a Hong Kong police certificate is required.
  • You must include or submit that letter when you apply for a police certificate from the Hong Kong Police Force.
  • The Hong Kong Police Force will send your police certificate directly to the IRCC office at the Consulate General of Canada. You will not be required to send it separately.

How to apply

  • Apply in person at the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Office.
  • Apply in writing to the Commissioner of Police at the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Office.

Website: Hong Kong Police Force

Contact information

Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Office
14/F, Arsenal House
Police Headquarters
1 Arsenal Street
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Telephone: 852-2860-6557
Fax: 852-2200-4321
Email enquiries:
Website: Hong Kong Police Force

Page details

Date modified: