How to get a police certificate – India
Name of the document you need
Police Clearance Certificate
Applying for permanent residence
You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.
You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.
How to apply
You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate at
- at your local district police station
- Passport office
- Indian embassy or consulate
- BLS International Centre
- Character Certificates are not accepted.
- Some police clearance certificates have limitations relating to jurisdiction and time period having been searched. Such certificates will not be accepted.
- There are different formats for the police clearance certificate depending on the issuing authority.
Passport India website (available in English only)
- Date modified: