How to get a police certificate – South Korea

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need

Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (범죄· 수사경력 회보서)

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.

How to apply

You should apply for a Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (범죄· 수사경력 회보서) from a Korean National Police station in South Korea.

Special considerations

Please note that the police certificate must indicate that all records have been searched, including any lapsed records (실효된 형 포함). You should specifically request a search on your entire record, including Criminal Records, lapsed criminal sentences, and investigation records.

Contact information

Korean National Police Agency (KNPA)'s website (available in English and Korean)

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: