How to Get a Police Certificate – Northern Mariana Islands

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need

Criminal or Police Clearance

Police certificates and IRCC Requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.

How to apply

Applicants should complete the Court Clearance Request form (PDF, 265 KB) from the CNMI Superior Court website and apply in person or by registered mail to the Court Clerk of the CNMI Superior Court (see Special Notes and Considerations for complete address).

If you live outside the United States or its Territories, you need to contact the Clerk of Court’s Office at (670) 236-9700 for instructions.

Information and documents you need:

  • Completed application form (PDF, 265 KB),
  • Copy of a valid government issued ID, such as a passport or driver’s licence,
  • Self addressed return envelope,
  • Applicable fees (to be paid by money order payable to the “CNMI Treasury”).

Special notes and considerations:

Applications should be mailed by registered mail or international courier for speed and reliability.

Only original police certificates are accepted (E-mail copies are not acceptable).

CNMI Superior Court
Clerk of Court
P.O. Box 500307CK
Saipan, MP 96950
Phone: (670) 236-9700
Fax: (670) 236-9743

Page details

Date modified: