How to get a police certificate – Philippines
Name of the document you need
National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Multi-purpose Clearance Certificate
If any of the following remarks appear on the NBI certificate – no criminal record, no pending case or record as stated, please submit the following additional documentation:
- A written explanation from the NBI regarding this remark;
- All court documents for the criminal charges. Provide complete copies of the decision or the resolution of the case. (Note: certifications from the clerks of court are not acceptable); and
- Your own explanation of the incident leading to the charges.
Police certificate and IRCC requirements
You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada
You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.
How to apply
- Online or in person at any National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) office (see the National Bureau of Investigation website for a complete list of offices)
- Apply in person at your nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate or by mail at the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Head office
Your certificate must have a thumbprint and include a dry seal.
No translation is required, the NBI Clearance certificate is in English.
NBI Clearance certificates must be picked up in person, unless the requestor is residing outside the Philippines, in which case the NBI Clearance certificate will be mailed.
National Bureau of Investigation Head Office:
Mailed Clearance section
3rd Floor, NBI Clearance Building
UN Ave., Ermita, Manila, Philippines
For more information please visit the National Bureau of Investigation website or call 523-8231 loc 5465.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: