How to Get a Police Certificate – Poland

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need

Zapytanie o udzielenie informacji o osobie (or a European police certificate if you have also applied for a police certificate from Germany)

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for

  • permanent residence
  • citizenship
  • some temporary residence programs

Check your application package or instructions for details.

How to apply

If you live in Poland

Apply at the National Penal Register of the Ministry of Justice, Krajowy Rejestr Karny ul (see Contact Information for complete address), or at one of the information offices of the National Penal Register located in courts throughout the country.

If you live outside of Poland

Applications are no longer accepted by Polish embassies and consulates.

You can apply electronically or by mail. You can also get someone to apply for a certificate for you.

Special considerations

Certificates must be stamped with the Ministry Round Seal or the name seal of the person issuing the document to be considered valid. Electronic certificates are not acceptable.

See the Ministry of Justice website (available in English and Polish) for more information on the application and authorization process for representatives.

You should sign the application as an authorized person.

Contact information

Krajowy Rejestr Karny ul.
Czerniakowska 100
00-454 Warsaw
Telephone: +48 22 39 76 200

For more information, visit the Polish Ministry of Justice website.

Page details

Date modified: