How to get a police certificate – Russia
Name of the document you need
Reference certificate (Spravka o nalichii (otsutstvii) sudimosti (“Statement of the presence (absence) of convictions and (or) facts of criminal prosecution or termination of criminal prosecution.”)
Police certificate and IRCC requirements
You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada, and for some temporary residence programs (please see the document checklist and/or visa office requirements for details).
How to apply
If you live in Russia
- Apply in person to your regional Information Centre of the Ministry of Internal Affairs or
- at your local Multifunctional Service Centre (available in Russian only)
- You can also give a representative power of attorney to apply for you.
- You can apply online via the Government Service Portal (Gosuslugi) www.gosuslugi.ru/16587/1 (available in Russian only).
If you live outside of Russia
- Apply in person to the Consular Section of your nearest Embassy of Russia.
- You may also give a representative power of attorney to apply on your behalf.
- Apply via a representative to the Main Information and Analytical Centre in Moscow (available in Russian).
The Embassy accepts only original paper police certificates. Printouts of online search results and electronic certificates are not acceptable.
The police certificate must indicate all names you have used while in Russia.
Police certificates issued by local police offices are not acceptable.
- Date modified: