How to Get a Police Certificate – Serbia (former Yugoslavia)

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need

Certificate of No Conviction (Uverenje o nekaznjavanju)

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.

How to apply

If you live in Serbia:

You should apply at your local municipal police station of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (Ministarstvo Unutrasnjih Poslova, Policijska Uprava).

If you live outside of Serbia:

You can apply at your nearest Serbian embassy or consulate. An authorized representative can also apply on your behalf at the police station where you last resided in Serbia.

If you are not a citizen and you live outside of Serbia:

You should contact your national Ministry of Foreign Affairs who will contact the Embassy of Serbia through diplomatic channels.

Special considerations

  • You must provide a completed application form to request your certificate (available at local police stations)
  • Bring your National Identity (licna karta)
  • Certificates issued by the court are not accepted.
  • An English or French translation of your police certificate is required.

Page details

Date modified: