How to get a police certificate - St. Vincent and the Grenadines

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. The Police Commissioner will send the police certificate directly to the Canadian visa office in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, after you have submitted a written request.

How and where do I obtain one?

If you live in St. Vincent and the Grenadines

You should apply in person with:

  • valid photo identification
  • two passport-size photos
  • applicable fees


Criminal Records Office
Police Headquarters
Kingstown, St. Vincent
Telephone: 784-456-1810

If you live outside St. Vincent and the Grenadines

You may apply in person or by mail or someone can apply for you. Your clearance will be mailed directly to you. You should apply to the Police Commissioner with:

  • fingerprints taken by a recognized police authority
  • two passport-size photos
  • the applicable fees
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: