After the citizenship ceremony
Congratulations on becoming a Canadian citizen and welcome to the Canadian family! Find out about information and services for new Canadians.
Complete the 2021 Census
Every 5 years, we count every person in Canada. Completing the census is a civic duty as well as a legal obligation. Your response helps communities make choices about education, employment, transportation, health care and housing services.
Get your passport
- You must wait to get your citizenship certificate after the ceremony before you can apply for a passport.
- A valid Canadian passport proves you have the right to enter Canada.
- Your citizenship certificate is not a travel document.
If you’re a dual Canadian citizen, you can only enter Canada with a
Register to vote
As a Canadian citizen, you have the right and responsibility to vote.
For provincial or territorial elections, contact the election authority in your province or territory.
Be active in your community
Get involved with your community to make Canada a stronger and more inclusive country.
Enjoy the wonders of natural and cultural heritage places in Canada
Enjoy free admission to all places run by Parks Canada for 1 full year. This includes national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas.
Experience Canadian culture
Download the free Canoo app to celebrate your Canadian citizenship.
- Get 1 year of free admission to museums, science centres, art galleries and parks across Canada.
- It’s valid for a new citizen and up to 4 children per visit.
- Canoo is developed by our partner at the Institute for Canadian Citizenship.
Get more information and services
Find out about other services and information we offer for Canadians
After you become a Canadian citizen, you don’t need to tell us if you change your address.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: