Be active in your community
Participating actively in society is a part of your rights and responsibilities as a Canadian citizen or newcomer to Canada. When you participate in your community, you help build a stronger and more inclusive Canada.
Here is how you can be an active citizen:
- participate in local cultural and community events
- vote and participate in Canada’s democracy
- volunteer in schools or local charities
- protect the environment
- help your neighbours
- contribute to reconciliation with Indigenous peoples
- engage in respectful and meaningful conversations with your peers about current events
- welcome new Canadians in your community
Need inspiration? Find out how immigrants make a difference for Canada.
- Date modified: