Caring for children program: Who can apply
You must meet all the requirements below to apply through the Caring for Children Program. You must also plan to live outside the province of Quebec.
You must have at least 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada as a home child care provider in the four years (48 months) before you apply.
- full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week
- you can have breaks in employment (for example, periods where you were not employed, sick leave, parental leave)
- any work experience you had while you were a full-time student does not count
As a home child care provider, your work must match the description in Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC) Group 4411.
- foster parents are not eligible
- you must show that you performed the duties in the job description, including most of the main duties
You must have cared for children under the age of 18, in your own home or in your employer’s home. You do not need to have lived in your employer’s home to qualify
We will refuse your application if you do not show that your work experience meets the NOC job description.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: