Apply for permanent residence: Documents for Express Entry
The system gives you a personalized document checklist once you’ve completed all of the fields in the online form. Get all the documents that are on your checklist.
Translation of documents
If one of your documents is in a language other than English or French, you must also upload:
- an English or French translation
- a certified photocopy of the original document
- an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (if they’re not a certified translator)
If a certified translator completed your translation:
- the document must be stamped with the translator’s certification or registration number
- you can indicate that you’re not providing an affidavit because a certified translator completed the translation (write a letter and scan it with your translated document)
You must have a valid passport to come to Canada.
If your passport expires within 6 months from the day you apply, you should renew it. Then, when you get your new passport, update your passport information in your application. This will ensure it’s valid when we process your application and avoid additional delays.
Venezuelan passport holders
Once you have your documents
Make electronic copies using a scanner or camera. Make sure you use one of the formats we accept.
Once you have your documents ready, upload them in your document checklist.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: