Medical exams for Express Entry
We encourage you to complete your medical exam as soon as you get your invitation to apply. The results of your exam must be valid:
- at the time you submit your application for permanent residence, and
- when you arrive in Canada
For this reason, it is a good idea to complete the exam as close as possible to the date you submit your online application.
We don’t send you documents to take to the exam. When the panel physician completes the medical exam, they will give you an:
- information printout sheet
- IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form
You must provide a copy of these documents when you apply online.
We won’t approve your permanent resident application if your health:
- is a danger to Canada’s public health or safety
- would cause too much demand on health or social services in Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: