Sponsor your relatives: About the process
Sponsor a child: from $150
Sponsor an adult (22 years or older): from $1,080
These fees increased on April 30, 2022. Find out more.
Processing time ?
Varies by country
You may be able to sponsor certain relatives to immigrate to Canada under the Family Class if you’re at least 18 years old and a:
- Canadian citizen or
- person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
- permanent resident of Canada
If you sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must:
- support your relative financially when they arrive
- be able to meet basic needs for yourself and your relative, such as:
- make sure your relative doesn’t need social assistance
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: