You need a work permit
If you’ve applied for permanent residence as a Quebec skilled worker, you need a work permit to work in Canada.
You may be eligible for a bridging open work permit if you
- live in Quebec
- hold a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ)
- are the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
- have passed a completeness check for permanent residence
- have a valid work permit
- have an expired work permit but maintained your status as a worker
- are eligible to restore your status and get a work permit
You also need to meet the general eligibility requirements for a work permit.
Type of work permit
When you complete your work permit application, select “Open Work Permit” as the type of work permit in the “Details of intended work in Canada” section. Leave the employer section of the application blank.How to apply for a bridging open work permit
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: