You don’t need a work permit A family member of a foreign representative needs a work permit

To work in Canada as a family member of a foreign government representative, you don’t need a work permit if you meet all 3 of these requirements:

While it’s not required, you’re also eligible to apply for an open work permit, if you want one. This will give you additional proof that you’re authorized to work anywhere in Canada.

How to apply for a work permit

If you don’t meet these requirements, you need a work permit.

Answer some questions to find out what type of work permit you need.

Please take a few moments to rate your experience (opens in a new tab) with this page.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: