You need a work permit A worker for an international organization needs a work permit

If you’re not accredited and are working for an international organization, you need a work permit to work in Canada.

Type of work permit

You can apply for an employer-specific work permit.

If the international organization is recognized under Foreign Missions and International Organizations Act, your employer doesn’t need to get a labour market impact assessment or to submit an offer of employment to hire you.

Examples of these organizations include:

When you complete your application

You must provide a copy of your job contract or employment letter when you apply.

When you fill out your work permit application form, select “Other” as the type of work permit you’re applying for. For more details, see the instruction guide that applies to you:

How to apply for a work permit

Please take a few moments to rate your experience  with this page.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: