Cannabis Record Suspension: Step 3 – Get your court information
Step 3 – Get your court information (if required)
If your criminal record or local police records check(s) clearly show you were convicted only of simple possession of cannabis, and your only sentence was a fine or victim surcharge or both, you do not need to obtain you court information.
If your criminal record or local police record check(s) does not clearly show that you were convicted only of simple possession of cannabis, and that your sentence was only a fine or victim surcharge or both, you MUST obtain your court information. This must include proof of payment for any restitution or compensation order (including date of final payment)*.
Answer questions 1 to 6 on the Court Information Form.
Tip: Make copies of the form in case you need to provide the same information to another court.
Contact the court that heard your case
If you were sentenced in more than one court, you must ask each of them to complete the form. Give each court a copy of your criminal record and ask them to fill in the section “For Court Use Only”.
IMPORTANT! Make sure each court:
Fills in all of the “For Court Use Only” section;
- Includes all of your convictions from that court;
- Signs and dates the form;
- Includes an official court seal or stamp on the form.
Tip: Ask for extra copies of all court documents. You may need them in the future. It will be easier to get copies now in case they are not available after your record suspension is ordered.
Check that the information on the Court Information Form is the same as your criminal record.
- If the information on the Court Information Form and criminal record do not match, or if the court has a record of conviction that is not on your criminal record, ask the court for a Proof of Conviction. (see STEP 1)
* If you were ordered to pay restitution to an individual or entity, courts may not be able to confirm payment. If this is the case, call the PBC at 1-800-874-2652.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: