Parole, record suspension, expungement and clemency
Find information on parole, how to apply for a record suspension or for an expungement order, and the exercise of clemency (Royal Prerogative of Mercy) in Canada.
Learn about parole and its role in contributing to public safety.
Learn about the role of Board members in the parole and record suspension decision-making process, and how they are appointed.
Learn about the waiting periods and eligibility criteria for a record suspension, and how to apply for one.
Find out more about expungement: what it is, eligibility criteria and how to apply.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Corrections and Conditional Release Act
- Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations
- Criminal Records Act
- Criminal Records Regulations
- Parole Board of Canada: Contributing to Public Safety
- Victim's Guide to Information Services
- Record Suspension Application Guide and forms
- Decision-Making Policy Manual for Board Members
Learn about information services available to victims of crime from the Parole Board of Canada.
Watch an overview and demonstration of an elder-assisted hearing.
Applying for a record suspension
Get helpful tips on how to avoid common mistakes when applying for a record suspension.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: