How do I request a decision from the registry?

To request a copy of a decision from the Parole Board of Canada (PBC) Decision Registry, complete the following request form and send it to the PBC regional office serving the area where the offender is imprisoned or under supervision (any regional office may be contacted to find out where to direct the request).

The request must describe the reason for the requestor's interest, for example: a member of the offender's family; a community volunteer; the offender's assistant; the victim; the investigating police officer; a media representative; etc.

Anyone may apply to obtain decisions from the registry of decisions for research purposes. All names and identifying information will be removed from these decisions.

Research requests should be sent to the Performance Measurement Section at the National Office of the PBC.

Such requests should provide a detailed explanation of the proposed research. In some cases, the PBC may contact researchers to obtain additional information about their request.

Page details

Date modified: