Who is eligible for a record suspension?

From: Parole Board of Canada

Important notice:  If you have applied or are planning to apply for a record suspension, a recent Federal Court decision has resulted in changes to eligibility and wait times. Read more.

You can apply for a Record Suspension if you:

To apply for a record suspension, you must have completed all of your sentences, which includes:

Note: If you have a prohibition order, it does not need to be expired before the waiting period begins.

After completing all of your sentences, you must have completed a waiting period:

*Victim surcharges imposed under section 737 of the Criminal Code on or after October 24, 2013 and on or before December 13, 2018 will not be considered in determining eligibility for a record suspension.

You are not eligible for a record suspension if you have been convicted of:

Before you start, check your eligibility to apply for a record suspension by using the PBC's Online Self Assessment Tool.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: