Pregnancy, infant and child health supports and programs
Supports and programs for families in Canada.
For emergency or immediate help, call 911 if your life or someone else's life is in danger.
On this page
Healthy pregnancy and child health and development programs for vulnerable families, and off-reserve First Nations, Inuit and Métis families and children
Aboriginal Head Start in Urban and Northern Communities
Early child development program for off-reserve First Nations, Inuit and Métis children and families
Canada Prenatal Nutrition Program
Healthy pregnancy and infant health program for vulnerable pregnant people, new parents and babies
Community Action Program for Children
Child health program for vulnerable children 0-6 years old and their families
Healthy Early Years Program
Program to improve the healthy development of children (birth to 6 years) living in official language minority communities (Anglophones in Quebec and Francophones outside of Quebec).
Nobody's Perfect Parenting Program
Parenting program for parents of children from birth to 5 years old, who are young, single, isolated or who have limited income or education.
Provincial and territorial supports and programs
Child and family health programs in your province or territory.
Newfoundland and Labrador
Prince Edward Island
Abuse or violence
- Women's Shelters Canada
- Assaulted Women's Helpline:
- 1-866-863-0511 or
- text #SAFE (#7233)
- Wellness Together Canada (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line:
- 1- 855-242-3310 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide:
- call the Canada Suicide Prevention Service at 1-833-456-4566 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- text 45645 (4 pm to 12 am ET)
- visit Crisis Services Canada for the nearest distress centre or crisis organization
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: