Stop Family Violence
Family violence affects us all. It has negative social, financial and health impacts on those directly involved, as well as on their friends and family, colleagues, community and society at large.
Stop Family Violence provides you with a one-stop source of information on family violence. If you are affected by family violence, know someone who is, or simply want to learn more about the issue, these pages contain information that can help you be safe or be part of the solution. These pages also provide links to supports, as well as resources and services in your area.
If you are a professional, you can find resources and information on these pages to help you effectively prevent or respond to family violence.
Stop Family Violence is presented by Canada's Family Violence Initiative, which brings together 12 federal government departments and agencies to prevent and respond to family violence.
Funding opportunities and currently funded projects:
- Federal funding opportunities related to family and gender-based violence
- Funding opportunities for the Public Health Agency of Canada
- Currently funded projects aimed at preventing and addressing family violence from a health perspective
- Currently funded projects aimed at preventing gender-based violence from a health perspective
In the spotlight
- Intimate partner violence against men and boys: Information and resources
- Resources on violence and the COVID-19 pandemic
- Joint statement on traumatic head injury due to child maltreatment (THI-CM): An update to the joint statement on shaken baby syndrome
- Global Status Report on Preventing Violence against Children 2020
- Online parenting resources to help caregivers support children during the COVID-19 pandemic
- At-a-glance - The Child Maltreatment Surveillance Indicator Framework
- Gender, Trauma and Violence Knowledge Incubator
- Canada's Road Map to End Violence Against Children
- Date modified: