Stop Family Violence
Family violence affects us all. It has negative social, financial and health impacts on those directly involved, as well as on their friends and family, colleagues, community and society at large.
Stop Family Violence provides you with a one-stop source of information on family violence. If you are affected by family violence, know someone who is, or simply want to learn more about the issue, these pages contain information that can help you be safe or be part of the solution. These pages also provide links to supports and services in your area.
If you are a professional, you can find resources and information on these pages to help you effectively prevent or respond to family violence. You can also find information about federal funding opportunities related to family violence.
Stop Family Violence is presented by Canada's Family Violence Initiative, which brings together 15 federal government departments and agencies to prevent and respond to family violence. Learn about the Family Violence Initiative.
In the Spotlight
- In October 2017, the Public Health Agency of Canada hosted an international meeting on behalf of the World Health Organization to advance the goals of on the 2002 WHO World Report on Violence and Health
- In September 2017, Statistics Canada released a study on childhood physical abuse
- The World Health Organization developed new guidelines on child sexual abuse aimed at helping health workers
- Status of Women Canada launched a new strategy to prevent and address gender-based violence: It's Time: Canada's Strategy to Prevent and Address Gender-Based Violence
- The Public Health Infobase realeases a Data Blog entitled A Canadian look at the connection between childhood maltreatment and diabetes
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: