Stop Family Violence
Family violence affects us all. It has negative social, financial and health impacts on those directly involved, as well as on their friends and family, colleagues, community and society at large.
Stop Family Violence provides you with a one-stop source of information on family violence. If you are affected by family violence, know someone who is, or simply want to learn more about the issue, these pages contain information that can help you be safe or be part of the solution. These pages also provide links to supports and services in your area.
If you are a professional, you can find resources and information on these pages to help you effectively prevent or respond to family violence. You can also find information about federal funding opportunities related to family violence.
Stop Family Violence is presented by Canada's Family Violence Initiative, which brings together 15 federal government departments and agencies to prevent and respond to family violence. Learn about the Family Violence Initiative.
In the Spotlight
- The Public Health Infobase realeases a Data Blog entitled A Canadian look at the connection between childhood maltreatment and diabetes.
- The Violence Evidence, Guidance and Action project (projectvega.ca) releases new briefing notes on mandatory reporting of child maltreatment and trauma- and violence-informed care
- The Preventing Violence Across the Lifespan Research Network (PreVAiL) releases updated research briefs on Intimate Partner Violence, and Children’s Exposure to Intimate Partner Violence
- The Chief Public Health Officer's Report on the State of Public Health in Canada 2016: A Focus on Family Violence in Canada
- In May 2016, The World Health Assembly adopted the WHO Global Plan of Action to Strengthen the Role of the Health System within a National Multisectoral Response to Address Interpersonal Violence, in particular against Women and Girls, and against Children.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: