Stop Family Violence
Family violence affects us all. It has negative social, financial and health impacts on those directly involved, as well as on their friends and family, colleagues, community and society at large.
Stop Family Violence provides you with a one-stop source of information on family violence. If you are affected by family violence, know someone who is, or simply want to learn more about the issue, these pages contain information that can help you be safe or be part of the solution. These pages also provide links to supports, as well as resources and services in your area.
If you are a professional, you can find resources and information on these pages to help you effectively prevent or respond to family violence. You can also find information about federal funding opportunities related to family violence.
Stop Family Violence is presented by Canada's Family Violence Initiative, which brings together 12 federal government departments and agencies to prevent and respond to family violence.
In the spotlight
- Funding to support survivors of intimate partner violence
- Resources on violence and the COVID-19 pandemic
- Joint statement on traumatic head injury due to child maltreatment (THI-CM): An update to the joint statement on shaken baby syndrome
- Funding to equip health care and social service providers to better support survivors of family violence
- Funding to prevent gender- based violence from a health perspective
- Global Status Report on Preventing Violence against Children 2020
- Online parenting resources to help caregivers support children during the COVID-19 pandemic
- At-a-glance - The Child Maltreatment Surveillance Indicator Framework
- Gender, Trauma and Violence Knowledge Incubator
- Canada's Road Map to End Violence Against Children
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: