Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): For travellers without symptoms returning to Canada
While outside of Canada, you may have come in contact with the virus that causes COVID-19
The Government of Canada has put in place emergency measures to slow the introduction and spread of COVID-19 in Canada. All persons entering Canada MUST self-isolate for 14 days subject to the Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Mandatory Isolation).
Your compliance with this Order is subject to monitoring, verification and enforcement. Those in violation may face detention in a quarantine facility as well as fines and/or imprisonment.
- Go to the place where you will self-isolate without delay, and self-isolate for 14 days from the date you arrive in Canada.
- Maintain a 2 metre distance from others (social distancing) at all times.
- Do not have visitors, especially older adults, or those with medical conditions, who are at a higher risk of developing serious illness.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces regularly.
When in self-isolation, follow the instructions provided.
Monitor your health for 14 days
- Difficulty Breathing
If you start having symptoms of COVID-19 (persistent cough, shortness of breath, or fever equal to or greater than 38°C, or signs of fever e.g. shivering, flushed skin, excessive sweating):
- immediately isolate yourself from others in your house
- contact your public health authority as soon as possible and follow their instructions
|Provinces and Territories||Telephone number||Website|
|Prince Edward Island||811||www.princeedwardisland.ca/covid19|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||811 or 1-888-709-2929||www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19|
- Exceptions have been made for certain individuals or certain types of workers who provide essential services.
- Workers in these sectors should contact their employer for specific instructions, maintain a distance of 2 metres from others at all times, closely self-monitor for symptoms, and self-isolate immediately should symptoms develop.
For more information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: