Research Affiliate Program
Work part-time as a research affiliate with the Government of Canada, while pursuing your studies. Conduct innovative research related to your degree or program, and gain experience with a federal department or agency. Working for Canada’s top student employer, you’ll enjoy a diverse and inclusive workplace, and could kick-start a meaningful career that spans hundreds of fields and offers thousands of jobs across the country. Find out about rates of pay.
Work in English, French or both, depending on the job!
You are eligible for this program if you meet these 3 requirements:
- you are a full-time student in a post-secondary institution
- you are enrolled in an academic program that requires research as part of your curriculum
- you meet the minimum age required in the province/territory of work
This includes students with physical or emotional disabilities deemed to have full-time status by their academic institution. Adult students registered in education and retraining programs at the secondary level may also be eligible for student employment programs. Learn more about whether you are eligible.
Note: Preference will be given to Canadian citizens who meet the job requirements.
Diversity — Count yourself in!
Be part of a public service that represents and includes the diverse identities, cultures, perspectives and experiences that make up Canada. When you apply, you can indicate (self-declare) if you identify as a woman, or are an Aboriginal person, a member of a visible minority, or a person with a disability. Some jobs are only offered to people in these groups. To be considered for these opportunities, you need to self-declare.
Students with disabilities: request support
If you have special assessment needs, we want to make sure that you have the support you need to fully demonstrate your abilities. If you’re contacted for a test or interview, ask the hiring manager for accommodation measures. This information will be kept confidential.
- Login to your GC Jobs account
- In the left-hand menu, under Job types, select Student programs
- Hit the Search jobs button
- Look for Research Affiliate Program opportunities in your field
- Select and apply to the jobs you’re interested in
Once you’ve applied, if you’re selected for further consideration, you may be invited to write an exam and to participate in an interview.
For more information about the program, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other opportunities for students and graduates
- Work for the government as a student
- Government co-op placements and internships
- Apply to job opportunities and inventories for graduates
- Start a career as a policy leader
- Opportunities for Indigenous job seekers
- Other government opportunities for students and graduates
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: