Federal Student Work Experience Program
Deputy Head pledge
Read the Deputy Head pledge to support students employed in the public service.
What is it?
A program offering full-time students work experience in the federal public service.
Why do it?
- enrich your academic program
- develop your employability skills
- explore your interests
- get insight into a career as a federal public servant
- potentially find your future full-time job
How it works
We have a wide variety of cool jobs from coast to coast, varying from outdoor field work and research to office positions in administration, IT and finance, from work in trades to policy and communications and many more!
Apply to these jobs through the Ongoing Student Recruitment Inventory. You will receive email notifications when you have been selected for a job opportunity.
- Managers in the federal public service have access to your CV!
- They hire on average 7,000 students every year from the inventory!
Are you eligible?
- Must be a full-time student registered in a recognized institution (high school, CEGEP, college, university, etc). Proof of full-time student status will be required.
- See definition of student: Student Employment Policy - glossary
- Must be returning to full time studies in the next academic term
- Meet the minimum age requirement in the province of work
Please note that we give preference to Canadian citizens; however, we welcome non-Canadians to apply.
What are you waiting for?
Three easy steps:
- Read the simplified ad
- Log in to your account
There are also targeted jobs you can apply to right now:
- Organization: Shared Services Canada
- End date: October 16, 2017
- Work availability: Full-time or part-time
- Number of jobs: 25-50
- Location: Across Canada – most jobs are in Ottawa (ON) and Gatineau (QC)
- Organization: Veterans Affairs Canada
- End date: September 1, 2017
- Duration: Full-time
- Number of jobs: 16
- Location: Northern France
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: