Federal Student Work Experience Program
What is it?
A program offering full-time students work experience in the federal public service.
Why do it?
- enrich your academic program
- develop your employability skills
- explore your interests
- get insight into a career as a federal public servant
- potentially find your future full-time job
How it works
Apply to the Ongoing Student Recruitment Inventory. You will receive email notifications when you have been selected for a job opportunity.
- Managers in the federal public service have access to your CV!
- They hire on average 7,000 students every year from the inventory!
Are you eligible?
- Must be a full-time student registered in a recognized institution (high school, CEGEP, college, university, etc). Proof of full-time student status will be required.
- See definition of student: Student Employment Policy - glossary
- Must be returning to full time studies in the next academic term
- Meet the minimum age requirement in the province of work
Please note that we give preference to Canadian citizens; however, we welcome non-Canadians to apply.
What are you waiting for?
Three easy steps:
- Read the simplified ad
- Log in to your account
Here are some of the Government of Canada organizations using the Ongoing Student Recruitment Inventory right now:
- Organization: Treasury Board Secretariat
- End date: March 31, 2017
- Duration: Full time (May to Aug 2017)
- Number of jobs: 100 to 150
- Location: Ottawa and Gatineau
- Number of jobs: minimum 60 Location: Ottawa and Gatineau
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: