Federal Student Work Experience Program
What is it?
A program offering full-time students work experience in the federal public service.
Why do it?
- enrich your academic program
- develop your employability skills
- explore your interests
- get insight into a career as a federal public servant
- potentially find your future full-time job
How it works
We offer a wide variety of jobs across Canada. Opportunities include field work, research, administration, IT, finance, trades, policy, communications and many more!
Apply to these jobs through the Ongoing Student Recruitment Inventory. You will receive an email notification when you have been selected for a job opportunity.
- view/update your application at any time simply by logging in to your account!
- high school students: What are you studying? choose areas that you’re interested in or will be pursuing at the post-secondary level
- choose up to 3 locations where you want to work. The system matches your desired work location(s) or radius with job locations selected by hiring managers
Are you eligible?
Must be a full-time student* registered in a recognized institution**
Must be returning to full‑time studies in the next academic year
Meet the minimum age requirement in the province of work
* Proof of full-time student status will be required.
** high school, CEGEP, college and university
- Preference is given to Canadian citizens who meet the job requirements
What are you waiting for?
There are also targeted jobs you can apply to right now:
- Organization: Public Service Commission of Canada – Department of National Defence initiative
- End date: July 3, 2018
- Availability: Full-time or Part-time
- Organization: Veterans Affairs Canada
- End date: September 4, 2018
- Availability: Full-time
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: