Calculator Recognition Guide
Some Public Service Commission tests allow the use of a calculator.
Candidates can use their own basic calculators OR one provided at the test session.
See below a description of which calculators are acceptable and which are not acceptable.
- Basic handheld calculators with:
- a simple number pad
- memory keys (e.g., M+, M-, MRC, Ans, GT)
- operation keys (+, -, X, ÷, √, %, =)
- no advanced storage or text features
- no special functions
If there is any doubt as to the acceptability of a calculator at a test session, the candidate must use the one provided on site.
- scientific or graphing calculators
- other specialized calculators with advanced functions
- smart devices (e.g., phones, personal organizers, tablets, smartwatches or other wearables)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: