Human Resources Toolbox
Staffing and assessment services
- Personnel Psychology Centre: Assessment products and services to help hiring managers make effective human resource management decisions in the most cost-effective manner.
- Post-Secondary Recruitment: Hire university and college graduates into a range of jobs within the federal government.
- PSC Test Results Search Tool: (GC network access only) A Web-based application that allows human resources specialists to retrieve official Second Language Evaluation test results electronically for candidates who have a Personal Record Identifier.
- Staffing and Assessment Services: Integrated staffing and assessment solutions for federal departments and agencies.
- The Public Service Resourcing System Support Centre: A variety of reference documents and tools for using the system. Note: You must be logged into the Government of Canada network.
Learning and resource center
- Appointment framework: Guiding deputy heads in building their own staffing systems adapted to their needs, while ensuring that legislative requirements and core values are respected.
- Bilingual positions in the federal public service: Information on testing, training, policies, legislation and responsibilities.
- Employment equity and diversity: Eliminating barriers in recruitment and staffing and developing policies and practices that will continue to ensure that equity group members are well represented in the federal public service.
- Selection for Retention or Lay-Off
- Letters to Heads of Human Resources: Latest news on a variety of human resources-related topics.
- Political activities: Understanding the political activities provisions of the Public Service Employment Act.
- Priority administration: Exceptional clauses that provide an entitlement, for limited periods, for certain classes of persons who meet specific conditions, to be appointed in priority to others.
- Priority Information Management System: (available only to registered human resources professionals) Helping human resources professionals administer priority entitlements.
- Eligibility for job opportunities in federal organizations: Organizations' statutory links with the Public Service Commission and the Public Service Employment Act
- The Public Service Official Languages Exclusion Approval Order: Statutory instruments under which a public servant may be excluded from complying with the language requirements of their position, in the case of non-imperative staffing.
- Best Practices for Unsupervised Testing: The paper details best practices in the use, development, administration and scoring of unsupervised assessment in appointment processes subject to the Public Service Employment Act.
- Veterans Hiring Act: Important information for hiring managers and the human resources community about the changes to the PSEA and what they mean for staffing.
Oversight and reporting
- Delegation: The PSC's delegation and reporting requirements are included in the Appointment Delegation and Accountability Instrument (ADAI).
- PSC statistical information site: (Publiservice clients only) Support in statistical analyses of federal public service hiring and staffing activities for departments and agencies that staff under the Public Service Employment Act.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: