What happens after you file a formal dispute or objection?


What happens after you file a formal dispute or objection with the Canada Revenue Agency?

Remember Roger?

Roger filed an objection to his assessment but isn't sure what happens next.

If the information Roger provided is not complete, the CRA may contact him to get any missing details, or an appeals officer may call him, if necessary, to discuss his objection.

For monthly updates on average processing timelines, visit us online or call the Appeals Intake Centre to inquire about the status of your objection.

Once the appeals officer has all the information needed, there are three possible outcomes to Roger’s formal dispute.

His objection may be allowed.

It may be allowed in part.

Or we may confirm that the assessment Roger objected to is correct.

Roger will be provided with an explanation for why the decision was made.

For more information on what to do after you've received your response from the CRA, visit canada.ca/cra-complaints-disputes

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: