Making a payment as easy as 1,2,3!
Did you know?
More and more Canadians are paying their taxes online. When you pay online, you can make your payment anytime, from anywhere! Last year, we received over six million payments from individual filers online.
There are several ways to make a payment to the CRA.
Online payment options
- Online banking:
- Sign in to your financial institution's online banking service.
- Under 'add a payee', look for CRA (revenue)-(2014)-tax owing, CRA (revenue)-past tax owed, CRA (revenue)-tax instalment or a similar payee and select the one that applies to you.
- Be sure to enter your account number (either your social insurance number or business number) carefully to avoid a lost or misapplied payment.
- Debit card: Use My Payment, the CRA's online payment service. It allows individuals and businesses to make payments using Interac® Online. You may qualify to use this method if you have an online banking account with one of the following institutions:
- BMO Bank of Montreal (personal accounts only);
- TD Canada Trust;
- RBC Royal Bank;
- Envision Financial; or
- Libro Credit Union.
- Credit card: The CRA does not offer the option of paying taxes using a credit card on its website. However, you may be able to use a third-party service provider that offers additional payment methods, including credit cards. Third-party providers charge a fee for their service. The CRA may charge you penalties and interest if your payment is late; the CRA receives your payment on the date the service provider sends the funds to the CRA – contact the service provider to find out about processing delays. The only provider that currently offers the credit card option is listed below for your convenience.
- Plastiq (T2 Corporation and T1 Individual)
- Pre-authorized debit: Pre-authorized debit lets you set up a payment to be made from your bank account to the CRA on a pre-set date. You can pay an overdue amount or make instalment payments. You can set up a pre-authorized debit agreement at your convenience using the CRA's My Account service. For more information, go to Pay by pre-authorized debit.
For other payment methods, go to www.cra.gc.ca/payments.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: