Get your mail online—instead of in your mailbox!
Did you know?
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has an online mail service for individuals. This service is quick, easy, and secure. It lets individuals receive their notices of assessment and reassessment online, instead of waiting for a paper version to come through the mail. More correspondence will be made available online in the future!
Why register for online mail?
- Paperless—viewing your correspondence online means less paper clutter around the house. The CRA even sends you an email notification when there is new mail in your secure online account, so you won't miss a thing.
- Convenient—you can view your notice of assessment anytime, anywhere, and you can print it off whenever you need it! No more searching for the paper copy or having to call the CRA to request a copy.
- Secure—the CRA takes the protection of Canadians' tax information very seriously. The CRA uses the same high levels of security that financial institutions use to protect your banking information.
How to register:
- Register with My Account (or log into your existing account) and select the “Manage online mail” option.
- Provide your email address on your 2014 tax return. This can be done with your tax preparation software or on your paper return. If you use the services of a tax preparer, you can ask them to include your email address when they prepare your return. Once you provide your email address, the CRA will register you for the online mail feature. To start viewing your correspondence online, simply register for the CRA’s My Account service if you are not already registered.
For more information, go to http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/nlnml-eng.html, or watch our online mail video!
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: