Community Volunteer Income Tax Program 2019 End-Of-Season Survey Results
On this page
Free Tax Clinics Volunteer Survey
The survey tells us how participating organizations and volunteers feel about their experiences with the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP). This feedback helps us fill any gaps in programming and find ways to improve.
- 3,352 people responded to our survey
- 53% of respondents prepared taxes for CVITP clients
- 47% of respondents coordinated CVITP tax clinics
Respondents by location
Figure 1 - Image description
Image of a map of Canada divided by province and territory to display where respondents are located per CRA region in Canada. There are five regions filled in with different colours: Pacific is yellow, Prairies is orange, Ontario is green, Quebec is light blue, and Atlantic is dark blue.
- 17% of respondents are from the Pacific region, which includes Yukon and British Columbia.
- 17% of respondents are from the Prairies region, which includes Northwest Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- 36% of respondents are from the Ontario region, which includes Nunavut and Ontario.
- 22% of respondents are from the Quebec region.
- 9% of respondents are from the Atlantic region, which includes Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.
Respondents by years of experience
- 22% of respondents said this was their first year volunteering
- 34% said they volunteered for 2-5 years
- 16% said they volunteered for 6-10 years
- 90% of respondents were satisfied with UFile
- 88% of respondents were satisfied with the communications from their local CRA coordinator
- 88% of respondents were satisfied with the support from their local CRA coordinator
- 83% of respondents were satisfied with the dedicated telephone line
- 82% of respondents were satisfied with CVITP & EFILE registration
- 79% of respondents were satisfied with their training
- 71% of respondents were satisfied with the advertising
- 40% of respondents were satisfied with the Auto-fill my return service
What we're doing
We've listened to your feedback and have created new online training for volunteers.
- The training was developed based on feedback from volunteers and organizations.
- The training launched in January 2020.
- We'll update the training as our program changes and we receive feedback from the field.
Here are a few other improvements we've made thanks to your feedback.
- Updated our EFILE registration to make things simpler for CVITP volunteers.
- Included the CVITP in this year's benefits and credits advertising campaign.
- Expanded the Auto-fill my return service to all volunteers who wanted to participate and obtained a Police Record's Check and a RepID.
- Extended the dedicated telephone line into a year-round service.
Our program counts on community organizations from coast-to-coast-to-coast, and we couldn't deliver it without your ongoing dedication to this program and your community.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: