List of charities
The information in the List of charities (Charities Listings) is updated each business day.
The public can use the list to:
- confirm if a Canadian charity is registered, revoked, annulled, penalized, or suspended to help guide their donation decisions
- view a charity's contact information, general activities, and financial information including the public portions of a charity’s annual information return
Charities can use the list to:
- confirm their registration for those that may require this information
- review their contact information and the information filed on their annual returns to ensure it is accurate
To search for other organizations that can issue official donation receipts, go to List of charities and other qualified donees.
Other ways to get data from the List of charities
- by using the form to request publicly available data
- by phone: 1-877-442-2899
If you are a member of the media, contact a media relations representative.
The CRA strives to ensure that only organizations meeting the requirements are registered. While most organizations operate within the rules, the CRA cannot fully monitor every one, and changing circumstances in an organization’s operations may affect its continued eligibility for registration. Registration should not be viewed as proof of an organization’s credibility. The CRA encourages donors to learn more about donating wisely.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: