Validating your application
If your application is selected for review, we may ask for more information to validate your application.
On this page
Documents you may need to provide
Keep your receipts for 6 years and make sure your mailing address is up to date. The CRA will contact you by mail if we need more information to validate your eligibility.
You do not need to call us if your child's dental appointment is rescheduled within the same benefit period unless we ask for this information.
If you get a letter from the CRA
You must provide all requested information within 30 days from the date on the letter. If you are found to be ineligible or do not provide the required information, you may have to return any payments you received.
We may request one of the following for each child you applied for:
- receipt for dental care services
- invoice for dental care services
- dental statement of account
- letter from the dental care provider
Your document must include:
- name and address of your child
- name and address of the dental care provider
- date of the dental appointment
- cost of the dental care service
The CRA may verify the authenticity of the documents you provide. We may call you or your dental care provider to confirm any information you give us.
How to submit your validation documents
Submit your documents through CRA My Account
- Sign in to your CRA My Account
- Select "Submit documents" (in left navigation)
- Enter your reference number
- Select the tax year from the dropdown
- Enter a short description and upload your files
- By fax
Send your documents by fax
- Include a cover sheet with your full name, SIN, reference number (if available), a daytime phone number, and the number of pages you're faxing
- Label the cover sheet "Supporting documents for Canada Dental Benefit payments"
- Fax your documents to 1-833-325-0555
- By mail
Send your documents by mail
Canada Dental Benefit
Sudbury Tax Centre
P.O. Box 20000, Station A
Sudbury ON P3A 5C1
After you submit your documents
Validation can take several weeks from the date we receive all of your additional information. We will contact you once the validation is complete.
If your application is denied, you can repay the benefit or request a second review within 90 days of the decision.
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: