CSA on the net
CSA on the net lets you quickly and securely apply for or cancel children's special allowances (CSA) using the internet.
- You can apply for or cancel CSA from your own location.
- Your applications and cancellations are immediately updated on the Canada Revenue Agency's (CRA) mainframe server.
- In most cases, no manual intervention is required, so we can process and confirm your payment more quickly.
- The appropriate adjustments are reflected in the following month's payment.
We will issue your organization a unique PKI certificate. Our state-of-the-art security measures ensure your data's confidentiality both while it is being transmitted to us and when it is stored on our servers.
- We use the Government of Canada's public key infrastructure (PKI) to encrypt your data. This means that no one else can access the data as it securely travels between your computer and our servers.
- As an eligible CSA recipient, you will undergo a thorough security check before we will authorize and authenticate you as a new CSA on the net user.
We will revoke any certificate whose integrity appears to have been compromised in any way.
Two ways to file electronically
Choose the method that works best for your organization from our two options for fast and secure electronic filing.
- Secure web site: using its assigned user ID and password, your agency can access our secure web site to fill in and file an online application or cancellation form. Your data is validated and automatically encrypted before it's sent to us.
- FTP (file transfer protocol): your agency creates, encrypts, and digitally signs a data file containing CSA applications and cancellations. FTP is used to transfer the encrypted data file to the CRA's secure servers.
How to register
When you are ready to register or for more information on either of our two electronic filing options please call our toll-free CSA on the net helpdesk at 1-877-418-7714.
We will send you the CSA on the net enrollment package, which includes:
- the registration form
- a copy of the CSA electronic filing document, which contains more details and instructions.
Once you return your completed registration form, we will begin our thorough procedures for authorizing and authenticating new participants.
Hours of service
CSA on the net is available to registered users every weekday - except statutory holidays - during the following hours:
|Province/territory and time zone||Monday to Friday|
|British Columbia or Yukon (Pacific Time)||2 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.|
|Alberta, Northwest Territories, or Nunavut (Mountain Time)||3 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.|
|Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, or Nunavut (Central Time)||4 a.m. to 1:30 a.m.|
|Ontario, Quebec, or Nunavut (Eastern Time)||5 a.m. to 2 :30 a.m.|
|New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, or PEI (Atlantic Time)||6 a.m. to 3:30 a.m.|
|Newfoundland and Labrador (Atlantic Time)||6:30 a.m. to 4 a.m.|
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: