About My Business Account
1. What is My Business Account?
My Business Account is a secure online portal that provides an opportunity to interact electronically with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) on various business accounts. Business accounts include GST/HST (except for GST/HST accounts administered by Revenu Québec), payroll, corporation income taxes, excise taxes, excise duties, and more.
To access GST/HST accounts that are administered by Revenu Québec, visit Revenu Québec's website.
My Business Account is:
- Convenient – 21 hours a day, 7 days a week (see Hours of service).
- Easy to use – After registering, simply log in with your CRA user ID and password.
- Fast – Up-to-the-minute information and transactions processed immediately.
- Secure – The CRA user ID and password are used as part of the security.
2. Who can use My Business Account services?
Business owners (including partners, directors, and officers) can use My Business Account; while authorized representatives (including accountants and employees) can access these services through Represent a Client.
3. What can I do on My Business Account?
My Business Account offers a variety of online services for businesses. To view a list of the services available for businesses, go to: What can I do on My Business Account?
For information on payment methods, go to Make a payment.
4. What do I need to access these services?
To get access, you will need:
- your CRA user ID and password; and
- a Business Number (BN) for which you are authorized to access.
You can now also login to My Account or My Business Account with a Sign-in Partner. This option allows you to login with a user ID and password that you may already have, such as for online banking. For more information see, Sign-in Partners Help and FAQs.
For step by step instructions to set-up your CRA user ID and password, go to: Registration process to access the CRA login services
5. How do I authorize representatives to access my business account(s)?
Representatives acting on your behalf (including accountants and employees) can access your business account(s) through Represent a Client with their own CRA user ID and password and the business number for which you authorized access.
You can authorize your representatives (by their RepID, GroupID, or BN), change the level of authorization for existing representatives, or revoke authorizations using the online Authorize or manage representatives service in My Business Account. Online authorization updates are instant and will take effect immediately or on the effective date you choose.
You can also send a completed Form RC59, Business Consent for Offline Access.
For further details, go to: Authorize a representative - Business number
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: