Change my return: online adjustments for income tax and benefits returns


Change my return is a secure My Account service that allows you to request a change to your income tax and benefit return after you receive your notice of assessment or notice of reassessment.

The online format of Change my return follows the layout of the paper tax return.

Select the year

Select the year you want to change from the list of available years in the drop-down menu and select Next.

Generally, you can request a change only to a tax return from any of the 10 previous calendar years. For example, if you make a request in 2022, it must relate to the 2012 or later tax returns.

If you want to change a return for a year that does not appear in the list in the drop down menu, send the request to your tax centre in writing.

You can change only certain types of returns using Change my return.

You cannot change a tax return:

Also, you cannot use Change my return to:

In any of these cases, send both of the following to your tax centre:

Search Feature

Enter a line number from the tax return, such as "12600," or text to describe the line you want to find, such as "rental income." Then select Search.

From the search results list, find the line you want to change and click on the line, e.g., Click on line 12600.

If you want to go to a specific section of the return, select one of the buttons below the Search box

For example, you can find line 12600 by clicking on the Income button.

Change a line

If you use the Search feature, the cursor appears in the new amount box of the line that you want to change. Enter the dollar amount you want to show on your return after the change is complete.

If you select the button for the section of the return, enter the new amount in the box beside the line you want to change. If the line does not appear, click on the “Add line” box. Select the line from the drop-down menu in the box displayed, and then click on Add line. Enter the dollar amount of the change you want to make in the New Amount box.

Review your changes

You may have to provide more information if you receive:

Select Make more changes to go back to the search menu.

Submit and certify your changes

The Submit changes page summarizes the changes you made to the selected return or returns.

Note: In some cases, a line may show dollars and cents.

If you want to make other changes, select Make more changes for this year.

If you want to make changes to another year, select Add another tax year (when available).

If you do not need to make further changes, read the certification statement, tick the box to agree and click on Submit changes.

Confirmation number

Keep this confirmation number for your records, and keep all your receipts and supporting documents in case we ask to see them.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: