Death of an annuitant
Report amounts that you paid or that are considered to have been paid from an RRSP or a RRIF because the annuitant died.
The method of reporting RRSP or RRIF amounts depends on the type of plan or fund. There are three types of RRSPs and RRIFs: Depositary RRSP or Depositary RRIF, Trusteed RRSP or Trusteed RRIF, and Insured RRSP or Insured RRIF.
Forms and publications
- Guide T4013, T3 - Trust Guide
- Form T3RET, T3 Trust Income Tax and Information Return
- Form T1090, Death of a RRIF Annuitant - Designated Benefit or Joint Designation on the Death of a PRPP Member
- Form T2019, Death of an RRSP Annuitant - Refund of Premiums
- Form RC249, Post-death Decline in the Value of a RRIF, an Unmatured RRSP and Post-Death Increase or Decline in Value of an PRPP
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: