Registered Retirement Savings Plans and Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRSPs/RRIFs)
COVID-19: Minimum withdrawals amounts reduced by 25%
The minimum required withdrawal for all types of registered retirement income funds (RRIFs) has been reduced by 25% for the year 2020. This change also applies to individuals receiving variable benefit payments from a money purchase registered pension plan (RPP) and a pooled registered pension plan (PRPP). This change does not apply to minimum withdrawals from Individual Pension Plans.
Get more details under Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs) minimum withdrawal reduced.
Services and information
- About RRSPs/RRIFs
- Economic Statement - New Measure for Annuitants of Registered Retirement Income Funds
- Administrative procedures
- T4RSP and T4RIF information returns
- RRSP contribution receipt return
- Frequently asked questions
- Consultation sessions
- About the Registered Plans Directorate
- Contact the Registered Plans Directorate
Forms and publications
Let us inform you
When you subscribe to our electronic mailing list, we'll notify you by email when important new information is added to the Registered Plans Web site.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: