Terms and Conditions of use
In return for the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) giving you access to the Non-Resident Business Number and Account Registration service (NRBNAR), you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions of use:
- You agree that the information you have provided for the purpose of accessing the service is true, accurate, and complete.
- You agree to keep your personal information confidential. If you suspect that others have obtained this information in order to use this service, you agree to report it to us immediately.
- You agree not to use the NRBNAR service for any illegal or improper activities.
- You agree that you will not use any script, robot, spider, Web crawler, screen scraper, automated query program or other automated device or any manual process to monitor or copy the content contained in any online services. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the CRA's online services and that you will not disturb the normal operation of such services. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an excessive, unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You agree not to use the services in a manner that harasses or may harass other parties, or that will or will have the potential to disrupt, undermine, corrupt, diminish or otherwise threaten or jeopardize the CRA's online services or their integrity.
- The CRA will monitor online access to ensure the NRBNAR service is being used responsibly and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- You understand and accept that the CRA can suspend or revoke your access to the NRBNAR service without notice under the following circumstances:
- we suspect unauthorized use of your personal information;
- as a security measure;
- for operational reasons i.e. including, but not limited to, the use of scripts, web crawlers or screen scrapers;
- for administrative reasons; or
- if you fail to abide by the terms and conditions of use.
- The CRA has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the security of this website. We have used sophisticated encryption technology and incorporated other procedures to protect your personal information at all times. However, the Internet is a public network and there is the remote possibility of data security violations. In the event of such occurrences, the CRA is not responsible for any damages you may experience as a result.
- Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, you agree that the CRA is not responsible for any losses or damages incurred by anyone because of:
- any transfer of information to the CRA;
- any matters or factors outside of its control, including the availability or unavailability of the Internet, or telecommunications or other infrastructure systems;
- the availability or unavailability of the Internet, or telecommunications or other infrastructure systems due to system maintenance;
- any restriction, delay, malfunction, or unavailability of the NRBNAR service;
- any illegal or fraudulent use of your personal information, or of the NRBNAR; or
- service in a foreign country where such use is prohibited by the laws of that country.
The NRBNAR application collects personal data that is necessary to validate users of the application and to register the business. We do not automatically gather any personal information. This information is only obtained if supplied voluntarily by registering through a secure portion of this site.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Customs Act (CA), the Excise Tax Act (ETA), the Income Tax Act (ITA) and the Canada Revenue Agency Act for the purpose of registering for the business number and the related program accounts, for the purposes of acting as a service provider for other federal government departments, as well as for Ontario, Nova Scotia, and British Columbia program accounts and for the ongoing administration and enforcement of the CA, ITA and the ETA. All the uses and disclosures of the collected information are consistent with the administration of the CA, ITA, the ETA and the Privacy Act and the information may be disclosed to others, to the extent authorized by law. If you do not provide adequate personal information, the CRA will be unable to process your request.
Information is described in personal information bank Business Number and Program Account Registration CRA PPU 223, in the CRA chapter of Info Source. Personal information is protected under the Privacy Act and individuals have a right of protection, access to, and correction or notation of their personal information. For more details about requests for personal information at the CRA and our Info Source chapter, see Access to information and privacy at the Canada Revenue Agency
If you agree to the above terms and conditions
If you don't agree to the above terms and conditions
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: